"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Kitchen 22 Apr 2014 15:08 #1

• Davel
  • Davel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I tried to post these thoughts yesterday but they must have got lost in the ether - 2nd attempt at 1st post!!
I was disappointed to come in at lunchtime in the 13th hoping for good food and good music. The music was good but sadly the food non-existent. Is this a temporary system? My Sunday visits have always comprised train-good beer- good music-good food-train home: cheered and ready to face a new week!
Would it be possible to address this at the AGM?
Is this forum the right place to raise this anyway??
All the best
Dave Long

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kitchen 23 Apr 2014 10:58 #2

• Jon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
"Hi and thanks for your comments.

Just like you, we wish to see reliable, regular and wholesome food provision at a reasonable price at all the advertised times. We are working on this constantly, but do seem bedevilled with set backs on the kitchen front.

ON Sunday 13th (and our apologies again) Shiva, our chef, was ill. With usually only a single person employed to run the kitchen, a day of illness usually means a day of no food. (We do always invite people to order food deliveries from other Walcot outlets on those days and keep a store of phone numbers behind the bar).

However, in the week since then Shiva has given notice and so, once again, we are left chef-less. I am currently looking at a range of options to ensure this doesn't happen so frequently. In the meantime, I can assure people that food will be up and running in some form or other from this coming weekend onwards once more.

Watch this space for more announcements.

Patrick, General Manager"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davel

Kitchen 23 Apr 2014 20:13 #3

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Sorry to see her go. Good luck with the replacement.

Last edit: by bushy.

Kitchen 27 Apr 2014 15:10 #4

• clarebka1
  • Thank you received: 22
I appreciate problems with staff but can I just ask what the appeal is of fat frying chips in the garden is - sorry very unpleasant :(

Kitchen 28 Apr 2014 11:25 #5

• Hoobah
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, the chips were great, popular and only a quid. Can't really complain about any of that.

Kitchen 30 Apr 2014 21:46 #6

• Davel
  • Davel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for comments Patrick, much appreciated.
My main concern is that the Bell website seems to say food is available Mondays - Saturdays (only) and my Sunday visit seemed to bear this out. Illness/resignations are totally outside anyone's control and you can only react to these. Thank you for trying to solve.
I do think Sunday food at lunchtime is a must (pizzas were great) and in the interim maybe back to the wholemeal rolls of long ago?
The chips were good last Sunday, the vegeburger was ... a vegeburger!
Many thanks and good luck.

Dave Long

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
No Internet Connection