"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Pub Saviours 03 Jun 2014 11:48 #1

• Alan
  • Alan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29
As saviors of a live music venue (what live music venue? I hear yo ask - you know the Bell, I think its in Walcott Street) I thought people here (and not just members/shareholders) might be interested in the Fleece in Bristol which faces the problem of a housing development being built next to it which will probably cause noise and licencing issues for the long standing live music pub.

This one doesn't require you to stump up money to be a saviour all you have to do is sign the online petition. Some might not want to sign since we need houses to be built but I think the pub was there first - so there! This might not help but there is no harm in trying.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/bristol-c...ource=share_petition

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: TC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pub Saviours 06 Jun 2014 08:08 #2

• Bassnote
  • Ex Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Well said Alan. I'll be supporting this one.
Sue

Pub Saviours 11 Jun 2014 21:04 #3

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Yes - this is very important, that - despite the need for social housing - the need for 'socials', both urban and rural, will increase at the same sort of ratio as the people who live there. Pubs, Post Offices and village shops all suffer at the hands of short-sighted exploitation of government guidelines. I hate going to pubs, but I feel it is my duty to do so.

Pub Saviours 25 Jun 2014 21:53 #4

• Joachi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Well said, Bushy - I hate going to pubs also. We should get together over drink and talk about it sometime.

Pub Saviours 25 Jun 2014 21:57 #5

• Joachi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
P.S. - I think your idea of showing the Glastonbury Festival highlights in the Love Lounge is a bloody brilliant idea, but - unfortunately - nobody ever looks at this forum, so nobody ever cares about ANYTHING that is ever said or suggested on it.

Anyway, life is too short. What's for tea?

Pub Saviours 26 Jun 2014 08:46 #6

• TC
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Wackie & Bushy - Uncanny that two people should hold such similar opinions. Perhaps you are long lost twins separated at birth? A genealogical search may be in order - shame none of those spammers are advertising that!
Tom Chapman, Co-op Founder Member, Board Member
www.thebellinnbath.co.uk
www.bellcommunity.org.uk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
No Internet Connection