"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Growing ! 10 May 2020 01:57 #1

• Ash
  • Ash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Could we diverge? Food, Growing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Growing ! 03 Jun 2020 23:15 #2

• Ash
In hind sight it would have been so nice for the community spirit that WAS the bell to have rung! Even a little tink , would have done.
These days, I GET my virtual life music bands from other pubs,, my wood fired Pizzas from, yet other, pubs and my stimulating debate from the same sources. What is the point of the BELL?

Growing ! 03 Jun 2020 23:15 #3

• Ash
In hind sight it would have been so nice for the community spirit that WAS the bell to have rung! Even a little tink , would have done.
These days, I GET my virtual life music bands from other pubs,, my wood fired Pizzas from, yet other, pubs and my stimulating debate from the same sources. What is the point of the BELL?

Growing ! 10 Jun 2020 14:16 #4

• Ash
Hi all. I'm just replying to my own criticism of The Bell's apparent lack of action during lockdown.
I don't use facebook and so it never occurs to me to have a look at this platform for information. Anyway, having now looked at The Bell's face book page I see that there has intact been all sorts of activity going on.
Small request, but it would be helpful if more info could be provided by email, even if it's just to say, check out our face book page.
this message will probably be duplicated when I hit send, don't know why that happens but it's not intentional.
Thanks, Heather.

Growing ! 11 Jun 2020 07:42 #5

• Jon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Heather

We do send out a newsletter at least once a month with a What's On section plus any latest news. This includes links to our Social Media pages and website (plus direct links to other news we have included) You can sign up for this on our website The Bell Inn (scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the signup form)

News/updates from The Bell will probably appear on Facebook first, then updated on other social media and our website.

Cheers
Garry

Growing ! 17 Jun 2020 10:14 #6

• John Revell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Company Secretary, The Bell
  • Thank you received: 196
Hi Heather,
Picking up on your point about getting more information by email, you've had 10 emails from us since we closed the pub on 17th March and according to MailChimp you've opened (and presumably read) all of them. Thanks for that level of engagement. I appreciate though that they have all been on the boring end of the spectrum (COVID-19, minutes of Board meetings, AGM, that sort of stuff) while you raised this topic to complain about the shortage of interesting information. As you now know from Garry, at present most of that appears first on our Facebook page so your suggestion that non (or occasional) users of Facebook might benefit from email reminders to look at the page sounds like a good idea. I'll investigate the feasibility of putting a reminder, or better yet a link, in the footer of every email that we send out. That way, no matter how boring the content of the email there'll be a fast way out of it to something more interesting!
Many thanks for the suggestion.
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: geojay

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds
No Internet Connection