"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

The Bell wants a new General Manager 05 Jul 2014 00:41 #1

• stevehenwood
  • stevehenwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
The Bell is the Best pub in The World… in Bath… It’s certainly one of the most renowned ln the westcountry for the quality of its live music and of the drinks we sell. And everything else.
It’s a community.
It’s also a community pub, owned by 536 ot its customers and friends, the biggest Community Buyout in the country. But unlike the others, we bought this one because it was doing well, not badly…

Working here is a dream for people who love pubs and people who love people who love pubs.

Salary: £28-32k plus generous bonus scheme.
Job Description and other details are attached.
To Apply: send your CV to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - but do it NOW!
Applications close July 31st

For those who don’t know:

The Bell Inn Bath is a very special pub:
• Renowned for our music and the quality of the drink we serve.
• Centre of a long-running and thriving Artistic/Boho/Eco community.
• So special that 536 of our customers and friends stepped in to buy it, to ensure that it continued to be run in the spirit that they had come to love.

That means this is a very special job.
For the right candidate this is simply the best pub job going.

We’re not an average pub.
There are dozens of sports bars, gastropubs and fill-em-up-cheap places in town, but only one Bell.
So the person we’re looking for isn’t average.
You’ll be working with:
• The Customers. Many of them are the owners (CoOperative members) too. And the wider community, including those who just like to drop in occasionally.
• The CoOperative, via its board and officers. We want a manager who will manage, never fear, but the Board needs to keep an eye on the spirit of the place, the health of the business, and on where we’re taking it.
• The Figures. Of course. The business is doing well, always has done; the members will also expect an annual dividend or to see profits re-invested. Financial reporting to board and members is crucial.
• The Staff. Some of them are CoOperative members too, and in a character community pub like this, they’re the public face (and ear). We want you to became a friendly part of the furniture too.
• The Future. We’re in this for the long term. Not changing the character doesn’t mean standing still. We can go places together.

find more on:
www.thebellinnbath.co.uk
www.bellcommunity.org.uk
www.facebook.com/thebellinn
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stevehenwood. Reason: adding closing date
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
No Internet Connection