"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

General Manager leaving! 05 Jul 2014 00:45 #1

• stevehenwood
  • stevehenwood's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
Patrick writes:

Some of you may have heard the rumours of my departure as General Manager here at The Bell. With a mixture of sadness and excitement I can confirm that these rumours are true. This has been very much a recent and sudden decision and hence my lack of reference to it at the AGM.
The first question that you may ask is “why?”. Why am I leaving? The honest answer to this is that it seems like the right time: time for change.

I have been in and around The Bell since the mid '90s and, like so many of you, fell in love with the place very quickly. Since the end of 2006 I have been full-time here, latterly as General Manager, first under Ian Wood and then, this past year, working for the new IPS Co-operative to which you have all contributed so hugely.

I am looking forward to my own new projects – to practising as a hypnotherapist, to writing some radio comedy and who knows what else – and looking forward to standing on the other side of the bar, cradling my Dark and Stormy, talking pleasant nonsense and soaking up the amazing energy of the place.

Thank you all.

Patrick Cave

Patrick was a major player in setting up our co-operative, especially the crucial planning and purchase processes. On behalf of all our members the Board would like to thank him for his great contribution to The Bell's success story, and wish him all the best for the future. Although he will be leaving at the end of August, Patrick will be available for a few weeks after that if needed to advise and assist his successor. The search for that successor starts now (see next topic), but in the meantime it's business as usual…
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
No Internet Connection