"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Freshly squozen orange juice 15 Jan 2015 23:56 #7

• stevehenwood
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
good luck...
BTW Wackie isn't the only member-customer who noticed and regretted
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Revell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stevehenwood. Reason: correcting spelling

Freshly squozen orange juice 21 Jan 2015 12:16 #8

• John Revell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Company Secretary, The Bell
  • Thank you received: 196
You, me and Arron have now had a person-to-person chat about this Wackie, as a result of which you have received assurances about the availability of jugs of Pimms this summer, when it comes. It seems that even the occasional Mojito is not beyond the bounds of probability. That's the talk talked; keep an eye on the walking as the days draw out and the sun begins to burn down on Bath.

Freshly squozen orange juice 21 Jan 2015 21:48 #9

• Joachi
  • Joachi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
That's good news. I will start trimming my luxuriant bush as soon as Spring pops her head around the corner.

Freshly squozen orange juice 21 Jan 2015 21:53 #10

• Joachi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hang on - what about the orange juice to which this post is dedicated? Mr Henwood needs his 5 a day as we all do, and oranges don't grow in this country unless you own a massive orangery like mine and heat it 24/7. Spare a thought for the citrus supplies for the other less fortunate customers as well.

Freshly squozen orange juice 23 Jan 2015 11:00 #11

• Joachi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Here's a suggestion: How about if orange juice was freshly squozen in the back or wherever before opening time, then placed in a large lidded jug behind the bar for when asked for? When it runs out, then it has run out until the next day and healthy beer would be offered as an alternative. The task of cleaning the squeezer could be done at the end of each batch-squeeze when the 'bits' are still fresh and easy to wash off. The new glass-washer ought to take care of dehydrated 'bits' - unless it is clogged with fresh mint...

Ok, that's my last word on it - promise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Revell

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds
No Internet Connection