"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

TOPIC:

The pillar and the coffee machine. 05 Feb 2016 23:18 #55

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Hopefully within about 2 years after they have properly cleaned the Gent's toilets, let alone refurbished them, Streamline.

Vote? There never was a vote. Just as well, as nothing at all would happen if it boiled down to a majority out of 536.

There is a pool of what looks like stagnant blood on the right hand side corner of the 'stainless' steel arrangement which has been there for about 3 weeks now, and there is rust staining streaming down from the 3 water-jets, all of which have turned green through natural ammonia.

It would be a bit of a shame if the bogs were not tarted-up to a similar (+ hopefully better and less expensive) standard to the Ladies before more internal fabric was nibbled away from the rest of the pub.

Priorities?
The following user(s) said Thank You: geojay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bushy.

The pillar and the coffee machine. 06 Feb 2016 09:22 #56

• clarebka1
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi I will pass on the current state of the gents to Arron. As for priority of work both the pillar, the gents and some other projects are all planned for next financial year as per the schedule of work published by Board a few months ago. The upgrading of the gents is very much viewed as a priority. As for what will happen when we don't have exact time frames at the moment but when we do we will let you know
Clare
The following user(s) said Thank You: bushy

Last edit: by clarebka1.

The pillar and the coffee machine. 06 Feb 2016 11:04 #57

• geojay
  • Thank you received: 6
I feel I have to add my voice here. I'm amazed that we're this far in and the gents are still in such a grim state. The thought of needing a seated transaction while in the Bell does fill me with a certain amount of horror...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bushy, John_Anderson

The pillar and the coffee machine. 08 Feb 2016 09:53 #58

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Just to reassure you Geojay, they recently splashed-out on a new toilet seat for the Gents, but the polite notice requesting users to lift it when standing has not stopped everyone else from constantly splashing out on it.

There is a really simple formula which most enlightened establishments adopted years ago, and that is that if you show respect to your customers by making the toilet facilities as pleasant as possible, they are more likely to return the compliment by helping to keep them clean. Snot rocket science...
The following user(s) said Thank You: John_Anderson

The pillar and the coffee machine. 21 May 2016 12:46 #59

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I hear that the demolition of the 'pillar' is scheduled for the end of May. I will be in Spain when that happens, so I will need to see proper, un-doctored photographic evidence as to how much of it is Victorian brick, and how much is original rubble-work before I part with £20 to Mr Emery. I would like someone to sign a sworn affidavit (John Revell?) to back up the evidence as well...

The 'pillar' demolition will be taking place long before the Gents refurbishment it seems. Apparently many more surveys and opinion polls have to be carried out before a decision is made on how to improve them. I think that rocket-science will probably be employed by the sound of it.

To be fair, someone did fit a new, plastic seat to the stainless bowl, but it was torn off and destroyed within a few weeks.

There was - and still is - a printed notice above it which says, "Gentlemen, please raise the seat'. Someone has crossed out the word, 'seat' and replaced it with 'tone'. I feel like replacing 'tone' with 'morale'...
The following user(s) said Thank You: John_Anderson

Last edit: by bushy.

The pillar and the coffee machine. 21 May 2016 12:59 #60

• clarebka1
  • Thank you received: 22
Bushy you are in luck - the pillar will not be replaced until after the fringe festival - so mid June. But if you are away I will ensure I piece of the centre is saved for you.

The gents will be sorted sooner than you think (I hope) and a long time before any major new scientific discoveries!!

Clare
The following user(s) said Thank You: bushy

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds
No Internet Connection