"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

TOPIC:

CCTV Cameras in The Bell? Yes, as it turns out 20 Jun 2016 18:54 #19

• bushy
  • bushy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
The latest - and modified - late-licence application probably has nothing to do with today's installation of CCTV for the 'garage' area off the garden which will now have a pool table installed, I am sure. You have to keep an eye out on this corner without physically patrolling it, I understand. After all, someone might steal the balls.

I am a little worried about the system which has a huge monitor hanging over the end of the bar, though. When they were setting it up today, the screen had about 18 unused panels in it to allow for multiple cameras elsewhere, as only two are installed in the pool table area. After the cameras were tested, they split the screen into a more economical 2x2 format, which is how it now seems to be set - for the moment.

I just have a sneaking fear that the management (i.e. The Board) will not want to waste the capacity of the system, and will be really tempted to install cameras inside the main bar having spent that much money on a CCTV system, whether or not the police recommend it.

Please make reassuring noises to all of us quiet and peaceful regulars that it is not the intention to get us used to the presence of CCTV by degrees before extending the coverage to the inside, and we will/may wish you luck with the revised - and modest - late licence application, even if the residents don't. Actually, make more than reassuring noises. Why not - as the elected custodians - just pledge that this will not happen at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bushy.

CCTV Cameras in The Bell? Yes, as it turns out 20 Jun 2016 23:20 #20

• clarebka1
  • Thank you received: 22
As things stand we are not including CCTV cameras as part of the new late license application. If anything with that changes we will bring this back for further discussion.

None of like CCTV
Clare
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveX, bushy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
No Internet Connection