"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

The Bell food situation. 31 Jan 2018 21:48 #1

• bushy
  • bushy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
The pub's rolls are disgusting. I do not know anyone who feels differently about them. I have seen many people buy them from sheer desperation, take one bite and then throw the rest away.

They are currently made under licence from Harvest and they are wet, flavourless , difficult to eat and completely without seasoning of any sort.

The pizzas are really good and also really good value, it has to be said. A really nice man makes them too, which is a bonus.

For heaven's sake, can we get Wendy back on the job? I miss her Brie and grape.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bushy.

The Bell food situation. 25 Feb 2018 21:42 #2

• stevehenwood
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
I think they're perfectly OK, I eat them regularly. The tastes are different, perhaps, but none the worse for that. And anyone who says they're lacking in flavour clearly hasn't had the sriracha.
Not that Wendy's rolls weren't inordinately better, of course...
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.

The Bell food situation. 25 Feb 2018 22:08 #3

• bushy
  • bushy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Is there any such thing as perfectly 'OK'?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
No Internet Connection