"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Initiative Q 22 Oct 2018 23:02 #1

• geojay
  • geojay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Both the Bell’s Twitter and Facebook accounts are advertising something called Initiative Q this evening, a dubious sounding new currency system (see attachments).
Is this officially sanctioned or the social media person using the Bell’s accounts for their own purpose?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Initiative Q 13 Nov 2018 08:32 #2

• John Revell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Company Secretary, The Bell
  • Thank you received: 196
My apologies for the delay in replying to you geojay. There was no ulterior motive for the Twitter and Facebook postings; our social media man doesn't have a purpose, other than to inform and entertain. In this case the initiative had been discussed in the pub, a number of people had expressed an interest in it, and the postings were the most convenient way of satisfying that interest.
Personally I think that cryptocurrencies of any sort are just dodgy mechanisms for crooks, tax evaders and sanctions busters to move their dirty money around below the radar of the regulatory authorities. But what do I know? Maybe they're the future of finance. I'm still having trouble coming to terms with the phasing-out of cheques!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesmatthews, Alan, bushy, Joachi

Initiative Q 17 Nov 2018 22:44 #3

• stevehenwood
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
I'd also like to chip in and say that our web wiz is only doing his job - and he's quite good at it.
One of the ways Fecebook works is that if people like your posts and read them, then it will show them more - and if lots of people like them, they will end up being shown to more people again.
So if our account posts every day about stuff that might generally interest people of the age, location, income brackets, open-mindedness, interest in new things, whatever, that we want, and that gets read and commented on and shared - as is being done - then the things that we really want to tell the world, like what bands and other entertainments we have on, get seen by more people too, to start with by friends of the people who already like and read us.
And that's good Social Media Management, or so the articles I read about online presence & marketing keep telling me...
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesmatthews, Alan, John_Anderson

Initiative Q 18 Nov 2018 10:49 #4

• Alan
  • Thank you received: 29
As aa luddite and neanderthal social media person - I totally agree Steve. I think whoever it is who does all of the Bell's social media stuff is doing a great job and if he ever strays off topic of the immediate Bell stuff, people can always respond through the media in which he has put that post and question the validity and relevance of any post

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
No Internet Connection