"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

TOPIC:

Community development 27 Jan 2020 13:08 #13

• Ash
  • Thank you received: 6
Thank you John,
will have a look to see if something went wrong at my end, otherwise I will contact you as suggested.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Revell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Community development 27 Jan 2020 13:40 #14

• Ash
  • Thank you received: 6
Thanks for your reply Steve,
The points 1 and 2 that you refer to are just the very issues that anyone wanting to move forward on this needs to keep in mind, because as you point out there is a lot of discussion in the air around land ownership for food production and it would be crazy to be duplicating the same work, which is why myself and others interested in this are so keen to form a platform/meeting space so that the various community groups can all work together. I'm thinking that perhaps the Bath co operative alliance could be excellent in this role. Anyway I will definitely get back on this forum after my next meeting with them.

Thank you for pointing out the already existing position in the market place that a number of emerging small businesses around food production have in the immediate geographical area. I must admit I had not given this much consideration and will definitely raise it at the alliance meeting. Interestingly, this is probably part of the conundrum that is hard to wade through regarding how to find out who actually owns the land that surrounds Bath. One of my friends has been doing some work on this in the Bathampton area and has shockingly discovered that a large proportion of it appears to be land banking by people who live in London.
I'll check out that website. hope you had a great time at the wassail, I was very sorry I had to miss it.
will be in touch again on this forum after my meeting with view to further discussion at a Bell members meeting and will keep a look out for comments here.
This is a great discussion to have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds
No Internet Connection