"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Payment by Card 01 Aug 2020 19:57 #1

• jazzbuff50
  • jazzbuff50's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
How does everyone (staff and members) feel about paying by card rather than cash under the reopening plan? I feel payment by card is going to make it easier to pay for drinks and pizzas, thus encouraging spending. We need the money, particularly if we stage live music again sometime soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Payment by Card 02 Aug 2020 08:00 #2

• spooley
  • Thank you received: 14
For some time since BC (Before Corona) I've been paying contactless (usually by phone, but sometimes with a card) in various pubs.
It's a shame to lose the anonymity of cash, but my libertarian principles in that regard are swamped by contactless being just so damn convenient.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzbuff50

Payment by Card 02 Aug 2020 09:49 #3

• Alan
  • Thank you received: 29
Most people will be paying by card in the future no matter what we say here on this forum. That was the way things were going even BC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzbuff50

Payment by Card 10 Aug 2020 20:31 #4

• stevehenwood
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
Cash is really useful and I'm in favour of doing everfything reasonable to encourage its continuing use; but no sense in turning down opportunities by not having the systems in action.
I've been asking for a cashless band donation system (not as simple as you'd first think) and have researched various options, hope it gets back to the top of someone's to-do list...
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
No Internet Connection