"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bar Stools 30 Jun 2022 16:52 #1

• BarStools
  • BarStools's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Now that Covid is behind us lets have the proper number of bar stools back 3 or 4 is not sufficient there used to be 8 or 9 back in Ian's days.  There needs to be stools from the coffee machine to the fireplace corner. Not enough stools completely changes the feel of the bar. Sure take them out on exceptional days, festivals, special nights, new years day but lets have them back to the normal numbers now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bar Stools 07 Jul 2022 17:31 #2

• stevehenwood
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 65
Dunno what the optimum number is
... on a music night, eg. last night, one still needs some of that part of the bar to get served...
any more theories?
I'm a member of the Board and a Founder Member of the CoOp. I'm also an admin of this site!
I have worked for the pub in a freelance capacity, and at the Hat & Feather too, since the early 1990s.
I also work freelance for Bath Fringe and for some other festivals. I'm a musician and a writer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Revell

Bar Stools 07 Jul 2022 20:42 #3

• BarStools
  • BarStools's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Remember that not everyone in the pub on band nights is there for the band so the stool are still required. They were always there back in Ians days
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Revell

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
No Internet Connection