"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

TOPIC:

Our illustrous Board. 10 Dec 2014 21:43 #31

• PCave
  • Thank you received: 2
A quick word.

A slanging match helps nobody. I firmly believe that everyone (that is everyone on the planet) is always doing the very best they can, for where they are in their particular story, and I have huge respect for anybody who works hard for something they think worthwhile.

This is different from the question of transparency and establishing exactly what is and has been happening and whether it is appropriate.

Over and out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Our illustrous Board. 10 Dec 2014 23:59 #32

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I thought that you already said 'over and out', but here you are again, having sewn a few nasty seeds and expecting to receive some sort of credit for making a simple pub a more enlightened place for having done so.

And another thing, if you disapprove of slanging-matches, then don't start them - or don't accuse others of starting them - because up until now, anything that has been publicly said about your traits whilst in office have been very polite and subdued, but I for one will not feel constrained in the future if you cannot control your manipulative tendencies when dealing with others in a less influential position than you seem to think you are.

Last edit: by bushy.

Our illustrous Board. 11 Dec 2014 19:52 #33

• Joachi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
You'll have to bear with him - he's been impossible to live with since the last entry yesterday. Why is it only on this topic that he loses his sense of humour? Can't we get back to talking about stew again? Yes we can!!!

Someone who shall remain nameless (Arron) made a rather tasteless joke about 'meat and two veg' the other day. I mean, really.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Joachi.

Our illustrous Board. 14 Dec 2014 14:05 #34

• John_Anderson
  • Thank you received: 21
If I was concerned about lack of transparency when this thread first started I'm even more so now.

Thanks to Steve and John for their efforts in trying to represent the board in these discussions over the past weeks, and thanks to Patrick for the recent insights (which I also think should be answered properly), however I do wonder if this discussion really ought maybe to be in the members' area of the forum?

I'm also getting the impression that there is more information about the management of the Cooperative available on FaceBook than there is here, and so I would be grateful if someone (who is not advantaged, like me, by being barred from FaceBook) would let me know if my impression is correct.

Our illustrous Board. 14 Dec 2014 14:17 #35

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
If it's not too personal a question, how did you get yourself barred from Facebook? I have been trying to bar myself for about 4 years now, but I still get messages asking me if I know someone called Richard Hughes.

If it isn't illegal, I may try your tactic.

Our illustrous Board. 14 Dec 2014 18:49 #36

• John_Anderson
  • Thank you received: 21
Probably too late for you Bushy. You need to enter an incorrect birthday when you first register with Facebook, you then need to forget what you entered. Avoid using Facebook for a year, try logging in again and you will be asked for your birthday. 3 incorrect guesses results in being barred for life. The ironic thing is that I still get regular Facebook reminders about everybody else's birthday (except Richard Hughes'), as well as intriguingly useful information about their day-to-day activities. I can't stop Facebook sending me all those messages because I can't get into my Facebook account. So, if anybody hears about my birthday, perhaps they could let me know.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds
No Internet Connection