"This is a discussion forum about the community buy-out of The Bell. Post away, but if you're being offensive, insulting or over-personal, if your language is excessive, or if we deem you're advertising something not connected with the project, your post will be removed by the moderators."

TOPIC:

Our illustrous Board. 24 Sep 2014 19:06 #7

• Johnk
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't think you meant to say that the board have other pressing issues (toilets) and that it is their own time they are spending on them. Indeed, it is usually my own time that I spend on toilets. But not at the Bell. The toilets are disgusting.

With all this talk of activities of the Board, and the frequent mentions of the abysmal bogs, why can't the Board address this basic 'hygiene' issue of cleaning up the toilets?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alistair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Our illustrous Board. 25 Sep 2014 08:13 #8

• Spine
  • Larkhall via Ankara
  • Thank you received: 48
John,

I too live miles from The Bell and use this forum as my main source of updates. It's true that it could be busier, but I take heart from the fact that posts like Alistair's demonstrate there's a steady stream of discussion and debate down at the bar. As it should be.

Meanwhile, perhaps you have seen this entry from the July Board Minutes:

"Communications Committee

This item had been included in the agenda because of an action placed at our
25 June meeting. The intention had been to discuss whether we needed a
communications committee. However, the consensus was that we didn’t yet
know enough about the totality of our communications requirements to have a
sensible discussion. As a first step towards improving our understanding we
would ask Garry to attend our next Board meeting and brief us on the IT services
that he supplies to The Bell."

I think Totality of Communications would be an excellent band name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John_Anderson

Our illustrous Board. 26 Sep 2014 21:10 #9

• John_Anderson
  • Thank you received: 21
Thanks Spine, excellent quotation. I'll add it to my list of collectables whilst awaiting some reassuringly straightforward communication from the board on the communication issues raised in this thread.

John

Our illustrous Board. 26 Sep 2014 21:32 #10

• bushy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Don't hold your breath whilst waiting. You may pass out. The whole thing about the 'forum' format for open discussion is that it is only contributed to by people of a certain age who have no interest in Facebook or similar ways of exposing yourself in public.

Maybe I should go over to Facebook. I could include a picture of myself lifting weights in a gym as my avatar. Or I could put a ceramic Tagine lid on my head to make myself look more interesting?

Our illustrous Board. 26 Sep 2014 21:43 #11

• Johnk
  • Thank you received: 6
I think you've confused your Johns. The tagine lid has already been done- I suggest you look for something different- perhaps in porcelain.

Our illustrous Board. 26 Sep 2014 22:48 #12

• John_Anderson
  • Thank you received: 21
... and this John's not lifting weights, he's playing Boules, and can also be found on Facebook with a similar avatar. Unfortunately Facebook has barred me from accessing my own account there because I lied about my age when I first registered and now can't remember what it was, being of a certain age. So I'm now condemned to obscurity by the faceless Facebook police. Probably no bad thing, my wife calls me Victor and says I'm turning into an awkward cuss.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
No Internet Connection